Parents are encouraged to volunteer at SAS. Safe Environment Training is required for all adults who volunteer at a school or parish in the Diocese of Fort Worth. This training offers instruction in self-protection and the protection of children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
All school volunteers must attend one of the LIVE/IN PERSON VIRTUS Protecting God's Children for Adults live sessions every 2 years. Online renewal is no longer available.
If you plan on volunteering during the school year for field trips, class parties, Fall Festival, etc. please sign up for one of the LIVE sessions being offered throughout the Diocese.
- Create a VIRTUS profile; this allows you to view, and register for a VIRTUS session. You may attend a session at any of the parishes in the Diocese. Click here to begin the process.
- Agree to follow the Code of Conduct for the Diocese of Fort Worth. (Fill out when completing your VIRTUS profile)
- Complete a Volunteer Ministry Application (remember to PRINT this form after filling it in) which includes agreeing to a background check that is done every 5 years. Click here to download a form. Please submit completed form to Lisa Harrington, SAS Safe Environment Coordinator. (Drop off in the school office or email to email@example.com)
- Volunteers must provide 3 (non-family member) references. Click here to download a blank reference form.
The blank reference form should be sent to the 3 people you listed as references on your Ministry Volunteer Application. These forms should NOT be returned to you, but must be sent/brought directly to the school
Your references may email the completed form to: Lisa Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR send via regular mail to:
Saint Andrew Catholic School
Attn: Safe Environment Coordinator
3304 Dryden Road
Fort Worth, TX 76109
They may also drop off the reference form at the School Office.
- All adult staff and volunteers must register and attend a Safe Environment/Awareness Session PRIOR to working or volunteering.