Parents are encouraged to volunteer at SAS. Safe Environment Training is required for all adults who volunteer at a school or parish. This training offers instruction in self-protection and the protection of children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
All school volunteers must attend one of the LIVE/IN PERSON VIRTUS Protecting God's Children for Adults live sessions every 2 years. Online renewal is no longer available.
If you plan on volunteering during the school year for field trips, class parties, Fall Festival, etc. and have never taken the Safe Environment training or need to renew, please sign up for one of the LIVE sessions being offered throughout the Diocese.
- Create a VIRTUS profile; this allows you to view, and to sign up for, in person Safe Environment Awareness Sessions.
- Volunteers must complete a Diocesan Adult Volunteer Application and submit it to Lisa Harrington, SAS Safe Environment Coordinator.
- All applicants 18 years old or older must complete the Authorization for Release of Information for processing a Criminal Background Check and return it to Lisa Harrington.
- All volunteers must review and sign the Adult Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards.
- All adult staff and volunteers must register and attend a Safe Environment/Awareness Session PRIOR to working or volunteering.
For a list of LIVE sessions, to set up a Virtus online profile and to begin registration for one of the sessions please click here. You may attend a session at any of the parishes in the Diocese.