Saint Andrew Catholic School participates in the Fort Worth Diocese Interscholastic Sports Program. The program is open to all sixth, seventh and eighth grade students enrolled in a Fort Worth Diocesan school. Football is also open to 5th grade students. A current physical form (dated June 1, 2018 or later) and a medical consent form are required to be on file for all student athletes. The sports included in the program are:
- Volleyball (coed)
- Soccer (coed)
- Football (5th/6th grade - coed flag football, 7th/8th grade - boys only tackle football)
- Cheer Squad (7th/8th girls only)
- Fast Pitch Softball (girls only)
- Baseball (boys only)
The Fort Worth Diocesan Interscholastic Sports Program exists:
- To teach the value of community and family through teamwork
- To be Catholic first and athletes second
- To teach responsibilities in competition, cooperation, and sportsmanship
- To encourage participation by all eligible students.
Students are responsible for:
- conducting themselves in a Christian manner at all times; **
- maintaining academic eligibility;
- cooperating with coaches and team members;
- accepting the judgments of the officials in all games;
- playing to the best of their abilities;
- respecting all the players regardless of skill level;
- demonstrating loyalty to teammates and school.
**Any player that is ejected from a game will be suspended for a minimum of the next game pending review.
The parents have responsibilities to the Diocesan Interscholastic Sports Program. Parents will be expected to:
- supervise their own children in attendance at the games;
- attend the Diocesan "Play Like a Champion" every three years;
- attend a meeting before the sports season begins with their child;
- support the program by encouraging their child to cooperate with the coach and the school;
- be available to help where necessary and when requested;
- make sure their child has transportation for each practice and game;
- have their child at practice and games on time and pick them up promptly afterward;
- be examples of Christian behavior at games** and avoid putting excessive pressure on the child to win by respecting all players and opponents;
- accept judgments of officials at games;
- show respect to and appreciation for the coaches;
- demonstrate friendly sportsmanship to all spectators.
**Any spectator that is ejected from a game will be suspended for a minimum of the next game pending review.
For more information, click here to download the Diocese of Fort Worth Sports Handbook.