Eighth grade science helps students appreciate and understand the scientific laws, theories and principles established by God, covering topics such as: atoms, protons/neutrons/electrons, the periodic table, chemical formulas/equations, chemical reactions, force, velocity, and Newton’s Laws of physics. We will also cover areas involving the lunar cycle, the sun, ocean tides and light years.
Eighth Grade Course 3 covers:
- Real Numbers
- Proportional Relationships
- The Pythagorean Theorem
- Equations and Inequalities
- Transformations and Congruency
- Scatterplots and Data Analysis
Eighth Grade Algebra covers:
- Expressions, Equations, and Functions
- Linear Equations, Functions, and Inequalities
- Systems of Linear Equations
- Quadratics Expressions, Equations, Functions, and Relations
- Radical Functions
- Rational Functions and Equations
ELA – Pearson Literature
Zaner-Bloser Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics
Sadlier Vocabulary Workshop
Classic Novel Studies
Math – McGraw Hill
Science – STEMScopes
Social Studies – Teacher Curriculum Institute: History Alive!
Religion – Sadlier We Believe
Algebra 1 and English 1 available to qualifying 8th grade students.